Is synthetic oil better for my car engine? Does synthetic oil last longer than conventional oil? Should I consider switching from conventional oil to synthetic oil?
Here are solutions to all you motor oil queries:
Synthetic Oil VS Conventional Oil
Consumer Reports say that fully synthetic oils like Adrol Glide provide superior engine protection and performance over any synthetic blend or conventional motor oil.
Synthetic oils are created with base oils which are of a higher quality than conventional, less-refined base oils. These higher quality base oils make synthetics:
Less likely to acidify and oxidize
More chemically stable
Harder to break down and lose desired qualities
Even without additives, a synthetic motor oil will not degrade or change viscosity—it may only become slightly thicker from contaminants.
The need for synthetic oils also comes from technological changes. High-performance vehicles and machinery—from jets that break the sound barrier to industrial plants—have to operate in extreme conditions and temperatures. Highly refined engine oil allows better temperature resistance.
Switching to synthetic oil might be more expensive but with a higher return on investment for long term. It lasts longer, so the actual cost increase is closer to 50 - 60 percent.
Key Advantages of Switching to Fully Synthetic Engine Oil:
- Keeps Your Engine Cleaner: Conventional Oils form sludge deposits over time, reducing your engine's efficiency and lifespan. Full synthetic oils resist sludge and deposit formation.
- Better Gas Mileage + Fewer Emissions: Synthetic motor oil molecules are uniform in size, which decrease engine friction and improve fuel economy. The less fuel burnt; fewer emissions created.
- Better For Your Engine: Although conventional oils provide adequate lubrication, they do not compete with synthetic oil's overall engine protection and performance.
- Turbocharger protection: As more cars are built with smaller engines and turbochargers, synthetic oils flow quicker to critical parts, creating the proper lubrication your engine needs. By contrast, conventional oils break down faster under turbocharged conditions. Using a full synthetic option keeps your turbocharged vehicle operating at peak performance.
- Better viscosity : At both low and high temperatures, synthetic oils enjoy better viscosity and stability than conventional oil or synthetic blends. Full synthetic oils are designed to flow quickly in winter temperatures and resist extreme heat, allowing your engine to run smoothly year-round.
Oil Change Interval
Synthetic oil can provide longer oil change intervals than conventional oil. Most synthetic oils are rated to last between 10,000 to 15,000 miles, or six months to a year, cutting down the hassles or oversights related to more frequent oil changes and deposits.
Manufacturer recommended ratings are typically applied to "normal driving," and don’t reflect severe driving conditions that may require more frequent oil changes.
Why Choose Adrol Glide Fully Synthetic Engine Oil?
Adrol Glide is engineered to save upto 20% fuel!
It provides exceptional cleaning power, wear protection and overall performance keeping your engine running like new in all driving conditions.
Check out Glide for Bikes, Cars, Trucks, Buses and Tractors: https://adrollubricants.com/products
Adrol automotive and industrial lubricants are spread all over India, covering 23+ states, 18+ awards, 284+ distributors and 42786+ happy customers. We are committed to grow and satisfy our consumers with quality products at reasonable prices.
We strive to ensure attractive returns to our channel partners, maximizing service & quality standards through skills and modernization of our products and systems to the entire satisfaction of our consumers, distributors and business partners.